Sunday 31 March 2013

Snuffly's Stripey Blanket!

At last! Its done!


10 months after I hoped I would have a blanket made, and 18 months after I should have started it, our youngest, Mrs Snufflebottom finally has a handmade blanket!

In a way I'm glad its taken as long as it has, as I actually love the fact by making it after she was born I could make a girly blanket rather than a neutral one (We didn't find out what we were having), and since having her, I've discovered stylecraft and a palette of Pinks & Greys that again I wouldn't have considered pre-birth.

Anyway, back to the blanket...

 
All rolled up...
 
 
Close up of the colours...
 
 
I had a lovely picture of it folded in her cot, but everytime I upload it, Blogger rotates it and it won't let me rotate it back! Doh!
 
The Facts:
 
Yarn: Stylecraft Special DK in Raspberry, Silver, Pale Rose, Cream, Pomegranete, Plum, Grape and Grey
 
Hook: 3.5mm
 
Size: 72cm x 104cm (A bit long and skinny, but it works fine in her cot, although too big for her buggy which it was originally intended for)
 
Edge:
 
1st round - I worked a row of DC across the bottom and top and did HTC along the edges to steal a bit more width. I still haven't cracked the ends of the rows, but I worked 3 HTC across every 2 rows and it appears to work ok.
 
2nd round - I worked TC in raspberry all the way round.
 
3rd Round - HTC in Silver.
 
Final round - TC in Grape.
 
UPDATE!! Blogger behaved and let me add the photo!! :-)
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, it's brilliant!! well done. I am the same as you: control freak with various WIPS for my two children (daughter age 12 & son age 7yrs -how I wish I was crocheting when they were younger for buggy blankets etc!!!) I have recently discovered Stylecraft also. I've bought through Country Craft who were very good (went for a version of the Lucy pack but my own colours) Where do you get your Stylecraft?? I didn't know you could get silver!!! OH YES! my fav comb is white/pink/grey but silver is genius!!!
    katiejo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comments! I have bought through Masons online in the past, but recently I've built up a really great relationship with Emma from Lemonade Yarns/Yarn & Craft Shop (yarnandcraftshop.co.uk), she's a little bit more expensive than Country Craft or Masons, but does free postage over £30. She's like having a local yarn shop but through twitter/instagram, so I'm happy to pay a little more as she's gone out of her way to research new yarns when I've got a project in mind. You can find her on twitter @Lemonade_yarns or via her website. I love the silver as its a much softer tone of grey so I think it brings together the pale rose and cream nicely. I'm currently using it with midnight,denim and white in a blanket for a friend. xxx

      Delete