Saturday 29 November 2014

Piers (The Beast of a Blanket!)


A few months ago I was asked to create a blanket to match a swatch of wallpaper a customer provided. I love a challenge, especially as my preferred yarn Stylecraft Special is unfortunately lacking in the Duck Egg shade that would have matched best.

So, after much deliberation I settled on the shades below, and also to get the balance right between neutrals and turquoises I decided to do a completely random colour order for the first time ever.

7 weeks, and many crochet hours later, here is the finished result!


Piers' vital statistics are as follows:

Size: 1 x 1.5m
Starting chain: 196 + 3 for turning (using 4.5mm hook)
Rows: 144 (not including straightening off rows)
Yarn: Stylecraft Special DK
Colours: Cream, Parchment, Mocha, Silver, Grey, Sherbet, Turquoise, Petrol
Hook Size: 4mm for main body & 3.5mm for edging.

As with Bert, I have used the neat ripple pattern by the fabulous Lucy at Attic24 (attic24.typepad.com) for the main body of the blanket.

Again, the edging and straightening off is my own creation, but you can find good instructions at Attic24 or www.littletinbird.co.uk.

Please leave me a comment if you have any questions or think I've left anything out. I'm always happy to help a fellow crafter.

L
Xx

1 comment: