Thursday 4 April 2013

A Long Long Time Ago...

There's not much going on in my little world at the moment. I'm still plodding along with my latest blanket, but there's only so many photos of a blue and stripey WIP I can post without sending people to sleep!

Talking of sleep... Snuffly seems to really like her new blanket, here she is in action (or inaction), with it :-)

 
Anyway, having recently rediscovered Instagram, I've been looking at all the lovely things people make and wishing I could make stuff as lovely as that! I was daydreaming being able to make patchwork quilts, when I realised one was staring me right in the face :-)
 

I made this 13 years ago for my GCSE project. I daydreamed that one day it would be used for my children, and it still makes me smile every day I see one of them using it. Infact when I was trying to photograph the back today, S remained stubbornly unco-operative and refused to move. I decided my blog isn't about perfectly lit and posed photos, so he's included in the shot of the back :-)


So, this post has become about things I have made, rather than things I am making. Next up is the blanket I made when pregnant with Mr Bean :-) Not my best work, nor to my current colour taste, but it was the first blanket I ever made, and I can still remember resting the squares on my bump! (I miss my bump, it was a handy crochet table). Again, apologies for the alphabet background, I have to quickly snap photos in the 2 minutes the tiddlers are occupied!


 
 
My tension is all wibbly, the blanket is a bit heavy (its 100% cotton which I always find a bit heavy), and in hindsight, its a bit girly. But I hope Mr Bean will appreciate the effort when he's older.
 
I'm pondering subscribing to Simply Crochet, as it looks really good, but I'm going to try and get hold of an issue first so I can see if its worth the money, or whether my money could be put to better use (Yarn Hoarding!)
 
Anyhoo, off to do some domestics.
 
xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laurelin, I think that you did a great job on all of the blankets that you made and I know the work and time that is involved in making them!
    Julie - USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Julie. Your blankets are all great. As for the magazine it depends whether what sorts of garments you are interested in making. If you are happy with blankets then you are probably happy as you are but if you want to have a go at other things then go for it. Inside Crochet is another option worth looking into.

    ReplyDelete