Thursday 14 March 2013

Who Knew Grey Could Be So Colourful...

Although I only just posted about falling in love with mini-blankets, I decided I really must finally make Mrs Snufflebottom the blanket I've been meaning to make since before she was born. On one hand I feel guilty, as I lovingly spent weeks making Mr Bean a blanket before he was born, and I attempted to make her one, and yep you guessed it, Mr Bean lay claim to it as his "Boing Boing Blanket" See this post.

However, I think it might have been fate, as last week I stumbled across the loveliest colour combination, and I knew it was destined to be her blanket colours! So off I tootled and ordered some new Stylecraft (Does anyone else get excited like Christmas for new yarn?!)*

And here it is... Pinks, purples & greys, so subtle and calming, can't wait until its finished!

 
And so it started... (Again, you'll have to excuse the shocking lighting in these photos, they're just iPhone snaps as I didn't have the energy to the the camera out)

 
..And it grew...
 
 
...and then I noticed this...
 
 
..Yuck!! I'd done 9 more rows since the mistake, otherwise I would have unpicked it all and started again, I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my crochet.
 
Anyway, back to the point, I tweeted a picture of it growing and one of my friends asked me to make one for her little man, and now suddenly I have 2 Blankets on the go, I've decided to have a "day blanket" and an "evening blanket". You know what they say about variety... (and yes, I am completely aware I am a little bit strange).
 
Here is the second one.. this time I'm using my own colour choices (soo excited that I didn't steal someone elses colours for once). I'm hoping it works as it grows, we'll see...


Phew i'm up to date with my blogging! Special thanks have to go to Mrs Snufflebottom who had a daytime sleep for the first time in days and to Mr Bean who has sat next to me colouring and made an impromptu appearance in a photo. :-)

Off to make a warm cup of tea, the one I made has gone ice cold and even I have my standards!

Huglettes
xx
 
*Does anyone else feel like a wannabe American when they say Yarn... It just doesn't feel right. :-S

4 comments:

  1. Oh you make me laugh!! Yes I get giddy with excitment when new "yarn" arrives, and it does feel a bit strange to say yarn and not wool but it makes sense so I've got used to it. I don't think I can get used to saying "skeins" though, its just balls!! Is that a bit of pomegranate colour stylecraft there? My fave colour. So glad I've found your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep its Pomegranate! I stole Sharron's colour scheme almost exactly, except I swapped white for cream and added grape as I think its a lovely dusty colour. My new favourite Stylecraft colour is Bright Pink, it was too bright for this blanket but I have a squidgy new ball just calling out to be used in my next project. Thank you for your lovely comments, I'm not entirely convinced I'm actually funny but if I make you laugh then thats good! (Even if its at me :-P) Laurelin. xx

      Delete
  2. Those colours are gorgeous! It will be glorious when it is finished.

    As a little aside I found you via your comment on the Annie's Place blog and wanted to let you know about http://www.picmonkey.com/ which lets you make photo collages up for free and http://www.biscuitsandjam.com/stripe_maker.php which lets you create random stripes so you can see how a cushion or blanket might look. Both sites are very cool :-)

    SmallP x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo I knew about picmonkey but couldn't get them to look as good as they do at Annie's Place. I didn't know about the stripe thing, that's going to be soooo helpful as I'm rubbish at feeling confident combining colours. Gold star award for great tips!! Laurelin. xx

      Delete