Thursday 28 March 2013

To Frog or To Add... Help!!

Today I feel a bit deflated! I've been beavering away trying to get E's blanket finished so I can start something new, and I think I've got a bit carried away with myself...


 
This is when I wish I hadn't caved into my controlling side and done a repeating pattern... If I hadn't then it wouldn't matter when I had to stop, but I had my eyes on 2 more colours (Dark Grey & Raspberry) to complete off the blanket. Now I think if I do that its going to look more like a table runner than a blanket... So the question is to:
 
1. Frog it back to the last row of raspberry, when it'll be a bit too short and squat but will conform to my colour scheme.
 
2. Add the 2 more colours and hope it doesn't look ridiculous when its got the edge on.
 
3. Leave it as it is, but always have the niggle that I ended mid colour sequence.
 
I wanted it to measure 70cm by 90cm, the average sized pram blanket. Its currently 70cm by approx 97cm which is why it just looks poopy. :-(
 
Any advice much appreciated, I think I'm going to go and sulk in a corner until someone comes up with a faboulous way to fix my problem.

Humf.

2 comments:

  1. I think that it looks amazing. Add in the extra two layers and add a thinnish border or rip it back and put on a thicker border. Those are my suggestions anyway. Stop beating yourself up. There is no right and wrong otherwise what is the point in making things by hand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have a tendency to beat myself up over stuff in general, but this is an important blanket for me so I want it to be right! You've cheered my up, thanks :-) All may not be lost.

      p.s - for some reason spelt tendency as dedency in the last comment and I hate typos so deleted it! Wish you could edit comments!

      Delete