Wednesday 6 March 2013

All Good Things...

Since last blogging I have had a mini-lightening strike in the crochet department. As many others do, I love to follow Lucy over at Attic 24. One of her latest projects helped a great cause for comic relief and she made 2 of the cutest little dolls blankets.

Anyhoo, I love to crochet but don't always have the time or energy for big projects as the tiddlers take up most of my time, so I decided of embark on a copy of the mini ripple dolls blanket and I have to say I'm a smitten with the size, ease and complete cuteness of the blanket. I definitely feel I've found my calling with mini crochet!!
 
It all started off with a first attempt at a ripple, isn't it wibbly and pretty!


... And it ended with the cutest, little ripply blanket (see crochet hook for size guide!). Which granted, could do with blocking out, as my tension was a little bit iffy.

 
I was most proud about being able to make the ripple straight(ish!), I've never done it before, and as I was copying the mini-ripple pattern from Attic24, I had to make up my own method for making the edges straight. I'm actually a teeny bit giddy over my ability to do it!! Its soooo cute.
 
Here it is all rolled up and teeny, sorry for the backgroud, the light in my house is not great today as the sun is low in the sky, so the only place the light was OK was on top of the printer!!

 
I'm just in the process of finishing off my second mini-blanket (It was intended as a normal sized blanket, but mini-crochet has downsized it), and then I have just had a eureka moment with a colour scheme I've been trying to find for Mrs Snufflebottoms pram blanket (She's 9 months old and I still haven't got round to making one!). I am going to use pink & grey in a total rip off from Sharon at Annie's Place! (I'm hoping she'll be nice enough to let me know what colours she's using as I can't quite guess the colours from her picture)

Right I'm off to stare at the computer screen to try and work out these colours, I MUST order them today, oo it feels like christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Laurelin,

    Thank you for popping into Annie's Place, and for the message. I'm just going to try and check over the colours and brands I've used (I thought they were all stylecraft, but I've got a feeling I added in some King Cole too) so I can give you the exact details. Bear with me, and I'll be right back with them. Also, I order my Stylecraft online as I don't know of anywhere local that stocks it. Although I got the King Cole in a little shop in Ampthill (can't for the life of me remember the name, sorry). Online is probably your best bet anyway.

    Love your mini ripple! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, just read your comment over on Sharrons blog about her pink and grey cushion ( she makes gorgeous things doesn't she?) I noticed you asked about Stylecraft stockists, I'm in Bedford too and have discovered a reasonable selection in Barretts of St Neots, not sure if thats a bit far from you but thought I'd let you know. Love your little ripple, soooo cute. My baby is almost 9 months old too, I'll have her crocheting by the time she's one, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning MrsSnuffleBean! Thanks for your kind comments about my ripple. I got a lot of the creative cotton online, price range from 1.59 - 1.90. Mansfield craft of Rushden stock it and also Barretts in St Neots. Deramores and The Wool Warehouse are good for Stylecraft etc as they have free postage over 25 quid and I always spend more than 25 quid! I am also a complete convert to stylecraft special, I always thought acrylic felt plasticy but this feels soooooo nice xx

    ReplyDelete