Thursday 25 April 2013

Mr Crocodile's Nautical-ish Blanket!

Well Hello! I haven't been around for a while, mainly because I've had nothing crochet related to report and my evenings have been taken up beavering away with this little lovely! (Those of you on instagram will have seen endless idenical photos of this as a WIP!)
 
A few months ago a friend asked me to make a blanket for her son (Mr Crocodile), and it just happened that I'd bought some lovely blue hues of Stylecraft Special DK on a whim from Lemonade Yarns, so it must've been fate as I instantly knew the colours would suit him down to a tee.
 
Its taken ages, its big (He's 6 so it needed to be bigger than my normal stuff), and there were times when I felt like I'd never finish it! But here it is... (Apologies in advance for the dark photos, its sooo sunny here that I couldn't get decent photos in my normal place and I was too impatient to wait until the sun swings round)

All of it!


Close Up
 

Scrunched Up
 

Folded Up!
 
 
A couple of the edge
 
 

I think I've finally settled on a method to edge my straight stripey blankets. I do 3 crochets across 2 rows, it produces a lovely even finish with no ruffling at the edges :-)
 
I'm at pains to part with this one, its so lovely and calming but I know its going to go to someone who will hopefully enjoy many hours snuggled under it.
 
Next I'm going to tackle a crochet Giraffe! So watch this space :-)
 
Im off to enjoy the sunshine with the tiddlers.
 
xx
 

4 comments:

  1. Wow - there is some work in that! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Its been a bit of a slog, especially as I plumped for a 3.5mm hook! Looking forward to a smaller baby blanket next. xx

      Delete
  2. Wow this looks fab. Well done for finishing it. I need to learn how to do that bit lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, my edges are never that straight

    ReplyDelete