Wednesday 23 January 2013

Mr Beans Blanket!

Yay! My first blanket is finished!! Heehee

Mr Bean's blanket! Finished!!
 
Mr Bean's blanket! Finished!!

Mr Bean's blanket! Finished!!
 
Look at Mr Bean's blankety loveliness! He has been snuggled with it in his "Mini Man Chair" to watch Cbeebies for a few days now :-)

Untitled

To be honest, I can't say I'm totally in love with it, the colour sequence looks lovely on someone elses blanket, but to be honest when I started making it I realised, as lovely as Attic24's colours are, they're just not "me". Anyhoo, more of that another day as I have plenty of ideas brewing... 

Mr Bean's blanket! Finished!!On a side note: Any tips on how to work edges on a stripey blanket (in particular the first round)? I fudged the sides a bit by doing 2dc in one row and then 1dc in the next row so they didn't make the blanket go ruffly. Any tips would me much appreciated! (See what I mean in the pic?)

Already pondering my next project as I've promised myself I MUST use up the remaining Lucy Pack before I buy "me" colours.
 
Toodly pip :-)

1 comment:

  1. Your completed blanket is really lovely. Looks fab on Mini Man's chair :)

    In reference to your question about hook size, I always tend to favour the 3.5mm as it does (imo) produce a tighter/neater stitch. I do use a 4mm for some projects, specifically the granny patchwork I'm working on. Any bigger and everything feels so loose.

    Looking forward to seeing your next project in 'you' colours ;)

    ReplyDelete