Thursday 10 January 2013

Silly for Stripes

I never thought I would say this but.... I am LOVING crocheting with acrylic. I took the plunge and ordered Stylecraft Special DK after hearing so many people rave about its lovely squishiness and easiness to work with. It arrived today, and I can't say I'm disappointed. 17 squidgy balls of loveliness!!

I've got straight to work making Mrs Snufflebottom a pram blanket. She's 7 months old, so past the teeny baby stage (which makes me a bit sad), but she's still small enough to need a blanket for her buggy. Only discovering this new thread and a renewed love of crochet when she's 7 months old has made me feel a bit pants, as we're not having any more babies, so my blanket making possibilities are limited :-( I'll just have to hope that my sister has babies soon! (hehe)

I have stolen a colour combination from The Stitch Sharer as my baby-frazzled brain couldn't organise the colours into an order I liked, and I'm too much of a control freak to pick colours randomly. I am working in stripes rather than granny clusters. I realllly wanted to follow the same pattern as Heather did for her Tiny Tin Bird pram blanket, but I was too scared of the blanket going wonky not to turn my work. So I have decided to do 2 rows of each colour, which still makes each row the same width but means I don't have to worry about the blanket leaning to one side. I am also going to very rudely steal the border pattern from this blanket.

On the recommendation of Scented Sweet Pea I ordered a Tulip Etimo Rose hook, as I was fed up of getting sore fingers and didn't have a 4mm hook. I would totally recommend them to anyone, yes they are pricey, but its so comfy to work with, I'm positively zooming along with my striping!

Heres a little sneaky peak...


P1050740

1 comment:

  1. You've made a great start! Look forward to seeing progress pics. Thanks for popping over MrsSnufflebean! :) The font I'm using is indie flower...!

    ReplyDelete