Tuesday 8 January 2013

Happiness!!

I've know how to crochet since I was about 13, my sister-in-law taught me how on a lazy summer holiday in Finland, and for years I only knew how to make one thing - A simple hat made of DC. After years of making the same thing, the prospect of the arrival of Mr Bean brought crochet back to me. I crocheted a simple granny square blanket, and I've been hooked (no pun intended), ever since.

Somehow I stumbled accross Lucy @ Attic24 & subsequently many others, and I have had an urge to make some of her wonderful squishy, colourful creations ever since.

Anyhoo, for fear of a divorce triggered by yarn overload in our house, a Christmas present Mr Bean received this year inspired me...

Mini Man Chair

...and  I decided I was going to use all my odds and ends of cotton to make him a mini-blanket for his mini-chair. I used a pattern by Heather @ Little Tin Bird, although somehow I ended up working it slightly different to her, but not so different that it constitutes my own pattern. This is the result so far:

Pretty Little Squares
 
Its all a bit mish-mash and is annoying my over organised nature, but I am currently trying to be completely random in the colour selection. I'm struggling, I love how some people can be so free with their colour choices, because inevitably it works so well. This blanket isn't going to be a favourite, purely because its only come into existance to get rid of thread I've had hanging around for years & because I am overly excited at my big squidgy pack of Stylecraft Special DK thats coming in the post, along with a shiny new crochet hook. I have decided the first blanket I am going to make is going to be a copy of this pram blanket by Heather, but using the colours from Attic24's Granny Stripe
 
Right, off to wake Mr Bean up from his nap (whoops, left him to sleep a teeeny bit long as I got carried away with this)


No comments:

Post a Comment