Tuesday 27 May 2014

Monochrome & Red

Hello!

This weekends weather has been pretty dreary to say the least, we had a busy weekend with the tiddlers as my youngest celebrated her 2nd Birthday. It feel like yesterday I brought her home from the hospital and crocheted her a baby blanket.



This week I've been kept busy finishing off the Red Sunburst Granny pram blanket I gave you a sneaky peak of in last weeks post. It's been made to match a Cosatto Yo in Busy Betty and I'm really really pleased with how it's turned out.


It was my first time using the continuous join method and it was such a dream to join as I only ended up with 3 ends to sew in at the finishing stage.

It was a project totally different to any colour scheme I've used before. One of the beauties of making things for other people is they come up with colour choices I'd never dream of using myself.

I'm already nearing the end of my latest order too, I've had a bit if a surge in crochet work rate this weekend, probably because of the weather and new toys keeping my kids occupied!


Away from my crocheting, I've been pondering on how to increase traffic to my etsy shop, and I've once again been bowled over by the generosity of fellow crafters in giving their time so freely to give me advice and support.

Both Ruth from Blue Eggs & Tea (http://blueeggsandtea.squarespace.com) and Claire from claireabellemakes (claireabellemakes.com), have been amazing and a real confidence boost. They've also given me loads of pointers, which I'll hopefully be able to implement over the next few months. Please pop & say hello, they both have lovely Etsy shops full of beautiful bit & bobs.

I have a week off from the day job this week so hopefully I'll have lots of crochet goodies to show off next week! 

L
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment